Thursday, June 23, 2011

Catching up

What's new with everyone? I've been a little out of the loop with blogging, but I'm still here. A trip out of town for work, plus an extra day due to flight problems, a busy weekend, and lots of work this week have really put a cramp in my blogging style! Here's what's been going on:

- I attended the An Event Apart conference in Atlanta, GA. It's all about web design. I met a bunch of great people in the industry and heard talks from a lot of people who are doing awesome things on the web. So fun! Spent a few days away from Penny for the first time, but she was all smiles when I got back!

- Spent an extra night in Atlanta due to my flight being canceled. Yuck! Stayed in about the worst hotel I have ever stayed in (dirty, cigarette holes in the comforters, missing power button on the TV???). Thank goodness I was only there for four hours (and slept the whole time!).

- Had a lot of family time this weekend. Spent time with my mom, some quality time with Penny, and made a homemade New York style cheesecake for my brother-in-law Jeff's birthday. Topped off with Father's Day Sunday (Cory's first!) I got him a new fan, a "World's Best Dad" mug (cheesy, but cute), and lunch anywhere he wanted to go (he chose Swanky's). Then we all met at my mom's for Father's Day/Jeff's birthday dinner.

I've got more to blog about, but I need to wait for the pictures! I'm going to make a baby shower cake this weekend, and I'm almost finished with another knitting project.

Just so I don't leave you without a picture:

2 comments:

Cree said...

Been missing you on here!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Chris.

A homemade new york style cheesecake,yum yum


Beth