Monday, June 13, 2011

A day in the life

I don't know if there is such a thing as an average day, but here is a full day in my life! Thursday, June 9th, 2011.

7:00. I wake up to my iPhone. Time to get up!


Listen to the monitor. Sometimes I swear Penny hears my alarm. Today, I hear a single peep, but no crying. Then silence. She's been doing so well with sleep, so about half the time I don't even have to feed her before work! It makes me a little sad that I don't get to see her before work, but the one time I made the mistake of checking on her, she totally woke up. Blame it on having an old house with creaky doors and floors.


I make myself some breakfast, two frozen blueberry waffles and some hot tea. I turn on the TV and watch A Baby Story while I eat. I was going to watch Saved by the Bell but it was one of the old ones with Miss Bliss and I'm not into it today.


7:30 rolls around and I brush my teeth, get dressed, and put on some makeup. I hear another peep, but then nothing. I have a feeling she might wake up early today.


All ready! I hurry up and leave because I'm always afraid Penny will wake up right when I need to leave. It's easier to leave her without seeing her (and her seeing me).


8:00. Time for work! I won't go into detail here because I don't want to blog about work. Computer stuff, basically.


11:00 I start getting hungry, so I go ahead and eat lunch. Meant to take a picture, but I didn't remember until I was done! Cheese sandwich on an onion roll and some pasta salad. Carb-y lunch but we're trying to save money and that's what we had. I do a little Googling on my lunch break and find out all the construction going on in a shopping center near my house is for a new CVS. Kind of a boring development but it could be worse. I also call Cory to check in. Penny's happy and sleeping. She did wake up early today though!

After lunch, it's back to work. At 2:00, Cory sends me a text with this picture:

Asleep in the Bumbo. She must have been having so much fun she wore herself out.


5:00. Time to go home! Looks like I left my hot tea in the cupholder this morning instead of bringing it into work. Oops! It's still hot, but not really in a good way anymore. Haha.


This is what greets me when I come home:


Cory sets about making dinner, which is parmesan noodles and garlic bread. I eat dinner while nursing and then Penny gets a bottle (she's using a big bottle now!).

After dinner, Penny has some playtime and I get a little knitting in. She's really starting to grab toys now! It makes her look so much more independent.


A little after 8:00, Kim, Jeff and Katie come over. Kim and I get in a nighttime run (so much cooler than right after work in the sweltering heat). It wasn't pretty, so no pictures - sorry!

When we get back, we all hang out for a little while and then they go home. Cory and I put Penny to bed around 10, and then watch a little TV before showering and going to bed. Last thing I do is get a screen capture to remember what time I turned the lights out to go to sleep:


Good night!

No comments: