Wednesday, March 11, 2009

24. It's all in the timing

I have been working really hard to make a timeline for the day of the wedding. You wouldn't think it would be that difficult; just get ready and show up, right? Not so much.

The general idea is to work backward from the time of the ceremony. I know we want to take our pictures before the ceremony because it will be dark afterward, and before that of course, we have to get ready. I'll have a hair appointment at some point that day, too, and I need to make time to eat. Also, I need to approve the floral setup and set up a few of my own decorations at the site.

I think the hardest part is figuring out how much time we need for each item. For example, at first I thought two hours would be the right amount of time to get ready, but then I thought, "All we need to do is put on makeup and slide into a dress. Am I going to sit around bored for over an hour?" So I've been rethinking and tinkering with the timeline. I'm not 100% happy with it, but we're getting there.

1 comment:

Cree said...

I was going to tell you that your Ferris Bueller quote at the top of your page made me think immediately about it's polar opposite...the U2 song lyric "you miss too much these days if you stop and think" from "Until the End of the World."
Two very different philosophies on life. Just thought I'd share.