Sunday, March 01, 2009

34. April showers start early...

We went to our first shower this weekend. It was a couples' shower given by Cory's family in Louisiana. It was so much fun! There were around 40 people there, mostly family, but several of our friends came. I don't have any of the pictures yet, but I wanted to write about it so I didn't forget everything.

His sister Stephanie organized most of it, and did such a great job. She made all the decorations blue and green (like our colors) with touches of brown. She even bought green and blue flowers for all the arrangements, and made centerpieces for the tables from clear, square vases filled with blue and green candy. The cake was from Ambrosia bakery, and was a vanilla cake with half Bavarian cream filling and half strawberries and cream filling - so delicious! There was a ton of food - jambalaya, Boudin balls, taco salad dip, baked beans, salad, chips and dip, cream puffs, eclairs, brownies, and probably other stuff I can't remember, too. Everyone really went all out on the buffet.

We got a bunch of things we registered for, including a lot of kitchen stuff. My favorite thing was from Stephanie and her family - a Wii Fit! Cory and I played with it some last night and it's really fun.

I had such a great time at the shower. I can't wait for the next one!

No comments: