Tuesday, March 10, 2009

25. Music

Cory and I are still trying to decide on what kind of music to have in the ceremony. Because we're not having a church wedding, we'd like to have secular songs that we both like or have some kind of meaning to us. It's a lot harder than it sounds! It's amazing to me how many songs aren't really that romantic when you listen to them. It probably also doesn't help that we don't have the most conventional taste in music. I like a lot of pop songs, but I would never have "I Swear" in my wedding or anything like that. I like the idea of our wedding having its own musical signature. We've looked at a lot of stuff by the Vitamin String Quartet (they do instrumental covers of songs), and we've looked at a lot of other songs, so we still have some work to do.

At least we decided not to write our own vows! I would love to do that, but I don't know how either of us would ever come up with something we felt worthy. A mixture of traditional and modern would definitely be how I would describe our wedding.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, both of you have a very odd taste in music in the conventional sense. Not really sure if I have any good advice for this posting. I personally wouldn't dare to EVER have rap or country in my wedding or party for that matter. I like the idea of an instrumental band playing cover songs, that way people aren't dreading what's next if they didn't hear something they liked before. Kim's Xmas party for work from '07 had the same 5 songs for over three hours in rotation, not kidding!

Cree said...

Personally I think you guys have groovy taste in music and I believe that you'll make a good choice. I wish that I had some suggestions, but I tend to gravitate towards more depressing tunes and not really wedding friendly pop songs.
You could always go with "I'm On A Boat" and be done with it!